Conversations with the talented Ms. Ripley:
Me: why do you have only 27 friends on your Facebook list?
Ms. Ripley: i don’t want my wall to flourish with grammatically incorrect comments from uneducated people so i delete such kinds off my list.
right, so the reply of the talented Ms. Ripley was a bit too much to handle but i would have to agree with her to some degree. we’ve manage to make a list of the people/things which ticks us off whenever we see such kinds on facebook:
1. PeOpLe WhO tYpE LiKe ThIs.
– of course, i only know Filipinos who’s got the incredible guts to act like that on Facebook but I told the talented Ms. Ripley that they deserve a credit for the effort they exert to type that way.
2. People who use “yeah” instead of “you” and “yerr” instead of “your/you’re”.
– You is easier to type than Yeah as it’s one letter shorter than the latter. so to what level of idiocracy will the person be if he/she choose to type YEAH instead of YOU. eg. i’ll call YEAH later ayt? don’t even get me started with “ayt?” and yerr????? that’s not even a word!!!! i have no idea what these people are thinking but i hope they’re smart enough to know that they sound stupid.
3. People who are overdramatic with their status updates.
– i thought i was the only one who’s got an overly dramatic existence in this world, turns out that my case is not even close to some people who thinks that having colds is the worst thing that can ever happen to them. (harharhar, i hope she doesn’t read my blog)
4. People who are constantly updating their status with every action they do on a timely basis.
– are you a douchebag or something? seriously???? nothing better to do eh?
5. People who are constantly bragging about their highpaying job, the places they’ve been, the branded clothes they wear, the car they drive, i can go on and on but i’m sure you know exactly what i mean.
– if you think all these things will define your social status then I’m afraid to disappoint you, but it just shows how materially-deprived you were before you got all those things.
6. People who takes a photo of themselves behind a steering wheel of a car which is obviously parked.
– there are two sides of this story, it’s either (1) the person is so proud to be driving/owning a car to which i would have to bust their bubble because owning/driving a car is not really a momentous occassion of one’s life unless the car you’re driving is a lamborghini or something; (2) the person is pathetic enough to pretend that he/she owns/drives the car which i think is worst than the first one.
7. Territorial pissing on facebook walls.– now this applies to those lovers who can’t get enough of each other and annoyingly lets the whole world know about it. those wall posts which declares your love and affection (with or without obscenities) to an annoying extent to each other are meant to be private. it’s extra annoying if you do it on a daily basis. so unless you’re in highschool, then please act like an adult and be IN an adult relationship and stop pissing on each of your walls.
right, so the conversation with the talented Ms. Ripley ended when both of us ran out of facebook profiles to check just to show it as an example of the things/people that ticks us off.
so what about you? what ticks you off on facebook?