“It’s not the destination, but the journey that counts.”
That saying is absolutely wrong if you have these people with you during the flight to your destination.
1. Toddlers running around, screaming their heads off for the entire duration of the flight while their parents sits comfortably without giving even a tiny rat’s ass to whatever their kids are doing. We get it, you think your child is the most precious of them all and that everyone will automatically like them but guess what? Not everyone loves kids. If you’re trying your best to do something to stop your child from throwing the tantrum of the year, I probably would feel pity for you but if you expect everyone to “understand” your kid and not do anything about it well then, you’re not doing a very good job at being a parent I guess. Also, if your child starts kicking my seat and you don’t try to stop him/her then I will. Oh, I will!
2. People sitting beside you who won’t stop talking. No, I don’t want to see a photo of your dog nor do I want to see your photos in the nude beach in Spain. I just want to watch my movies and fall asleep while it’s still playing.
3. People who carry too much bags inside the plane hence occupying most of the overhead storage bin. Just make sure that you don’t have any fragile things inside your bags because I’d definitely put my 7kg handcarry luggage over it.
4. Plane running out of food. During my last London to Dubai flight, I didn’t eat anything before the flight (not the airline’s fault) so I was kind of looking forward for the meal onboard (weird, I know) before I go to sleep. It was an A380 flight which means there were about 500 passengers on the economy class and unfortunately for me, they ran out of the seafood meal. The flight attendant offered me a chicken tandoori instead which I can’t possibly eat because I’ve never really liked tandooris. I was very hungry and quite pissed so I just asked for an appetizer or biscuit instead. As soon as we landed in Dubai, I went to the nearest Mc Donald’s to eat something and it was the most glorious meal I’ve ever had.
5. People coughing or sneezing without covering their mouth with a tissue. I have this obsessive compulsive thing that if I’m inside an elevator and somebody sneezed or coughed, I will hold my breath until I am out of it. I kid you not. So just imagine what an enclosed aluminum tube can do to my OC behavior if someone sneezed or coughed near me without covering their mouth?
6. Passengers on window seats who keeps getting up to go to the toilet. If you know that you’ve got a small bladder, then take a freakin’ aisle seat!
7. Getting a middle seat. That’s the worst I think specially if you’ve been sandwiched between huge people taking up both your armrests which are the only things that you have during the flight. There should be a law during the flight that the window seat passengers get the, well window view of the flight. The aisle seat passengers get to stretch their legs during the flight and the middle seat passengers, the unlucky one, MUST get the two arm rests. Agree?
8. Getting a seat beside a person with a bad body odor. I once took a flight and was seated beside a passenger who’s got the worst-smelling feet in the world. I had to ask him to put his shoes on again because I just can’t handle 8 hours of it.
9. Rude cabin crews. I don’t know what’s up with some of them but sometimes they just deliberately ignore you or forget the glass of water that you’ve asked them 5 times. Kindness doesn’t work for some of them, good thing though that I have a resting bitch face so that kind of helps a bit.
10. Last but not the least, passengers sitting in front of you and lowers their backrest up to its maximum level. A little consideration please, someone is actually sitting behind you and would probably want some space to breathe during the flight?
What about you? What’s your top ten peeves during a flight?