By the title alone of this blog I think you can easily figure out that I am a sucker for shrimps or any other seafood (more on crustaceans). I pity those who are allergic to it and I’m really extremely thankful that I’m not one of you, poor souls.
So how did I cook it? Very easy.
Buttered Garlic Shrimp:
Shrimps – kinda hard to do this dish without the shrimps
Garlic, diced – lots of it!
Sprite/7-up – just a cup
Butter – just enough to fry the shrimps in
Garlic and pepper to taste
1. Marinate the shrimps in sprite/7-up for about 10 minutes. I also squeezed some lemon in it just for fun.
2. Heat the pan with butter. Once it’s melted, put the garlic in it until it’s brown.
3. Add the shrimps in it and add the sprite/7-up, same sprite that you marinated the shrimps with. Lower the fire, simmer until it’s almost dry.
Shrimp Fried Rice
4 pcs of large shrimps cut into really small pieces
Garlic, diced – lots of it again
2 eggs – beaten
Cooked rice – again, however much you want
Salt and pepper to taste
Note: I just saw those things inside my fridge so I just put whatever I thought would be great with fried rice, so I advise you to do the same.
1. Heat the pan with olive oil then put the garlic until it’s brown.
2. Put the shrimps in the pan until it’s cooked.
3. Put the mushrooms and broccoli until cooked.
4. Put the rice until it reaches that perfect fried rice texture. For me I like it when it’s really dry.
5. Put the beaten eggs into the rice, toss it around until the eggs are cooked.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I do surprise myself most of the time when an experiment in the kitchen becomes edible. I am no cook, I suppose you can tell that with the recipe I just gave you. It may not make sense to you but it did to a dummy like I am. 🙂