There’s this one club which my friends have tried to drag me to numerous times but I have always held my ground and declined these invites. So I wasn’t so sure why I had to let down my guard and agreed to go there a couple of weeks ago. It’s probably because I have nothing much better to do that day and I was craving for that cholesterol-rich Filipino food: Crispy Pata.
So off we went to Kitakits in Marco Polo Hotel (formerly known as Chikka Grill). We immediately ordered:
That crispy pata right there is probably the worst crispy pata I’ve ever had. It was chewy (it’s supposed to be crunchy) and it was just not flavored very well. It was dark in the club so we didn’t even notice that they have served it on a chipped plate and probably even a used one. Well, it looks like a used plate to me. If you’ll come here solely for the crispy pata (which I don’t think there is any other reason for you to decide to go to this place), run away! Fast! And go to Jules Bar in Meridien Village instead which I still think serves the best crispy pata here in Dubai. It was a huge disappointment for me since the only reason I agreed to go to this place is for me to be able to stuff my face with crispy pata and it wasn’t even good. 🙁
The seafood platter was decent. Although nothing spectacular about it but it was edible.
To be fair, I actually thought of considering this club as my next birthday party venue. The whole place wasn’t so bad (recently renovated) and the band, I must say is good. The prices were reasonable too. The quality of food, on the other hand was a huge turn off and you may also add to it the crowd of people who goes there. It seems to me like most, if not all, of the people who were there that night were all seeking for attention. Seriously! These were just some of the things which transpired on the dancefloor that night:
1. Some dudes dancing ala dubstep but doesn’t know that they lack the talent for it.
2. Drunk couple with the girl feeling like she’s Shakira (not even close) and she’s gyrating her body to every single guy she sees on the dancefloor. She’s the star of the night actually, she feels like everyone’s looking at her in admiration. She got it all wrong though. Yes, everyone’s looking at her but not out of admiration.
3. The guy from the couple above who feels like he’s some kind of a Brad Pitt look-alike and even asked my friend to dance with him to make the girl jealous.
4. Two girls heavily made up like they’re going to the prom and as soon as they sat down on their table they took 1 million photos of each other (all selfie shots). With their digicam.
5. A group of girls making fun of the girl from the drunk couple of number 2. However, each one of them seem to not have received enough attention from their parents since they were born so they were also all seeking it out from the people at Kitakits.
And those were just the highlights.
You’d think that I’m overreacting or I just made those up. All I can say to you is for you to visit that place and see it for yourself. I wish you all the best if you are to go there. If you want to go to a Filipino club in Dubai, I think the best bet would be Jules Bar in Meridien Village. At least the crowd there seems normal, as long as you’ll be able to ignore the fact that half of that place is reserved for “working” girls.